Strong and vital marriages have things in common:
1. These couples know individually who they are - sons and daughters of God. They set eternal goals...
2. They know the doctrine and eternal blessings of the temple ordinances and covenants
3. They choose blessings of the kingdom of God rather than the temporary possessions of the world
4. They realize they have chosen an eternal companion - their days for courting are over
5. These couples think of one another before themselves. Selfishness suffocates spiritual senses.
6. They communicate with the Lord and prayer and they converse with each other. They talk early about "little hurts" with little fear of offending. They are willing to apologize and ask forgiveness. They express their love.